In order to ensure that your child is able to tryout for sports, students must turn in a current physical, insurance form, and a signed concussion form one week prior to tryouts. Forms may be dropped off at Shepherd Middle School.
2018-2019 School Year Tryout Dates
Soccer Tryouts (6th-8th grade)
- Informational Meeting: 2019 TBD (Shepherd Cafeteria)
- Tryout Practices: 2019 TBD (Shepherd Cafeteria)
- Tryout Date: 2019 TBD (Shepherd Cafeteria)
Cheerleading Tryouts (for both boys and girls basketball)
- Informational Meeting: 2019 TBD. in the Shepherd Cafeteria.
- Tryout Practices: 2019 TBD
- Tryout Date: 2019 TBD
Girls' Basketball Tryouts
- 2019 TBD (Two day tryout for both grades)
7th Grade Tryouts
8th Grade Tryouts
Boys' Basketball Tryouts
- Monday, October 15th (Two day tryout)
-7th Grade Tryouts 4-6pm
-8th Grade Tryouts 6-8pm
-7th Grade Tryouts 4-5:30pm
-8th Grade Tryouts 5:30-7pm
*A parent meeting (for students who make the team) will be held on Tuesday 10/23 @ 6pm.
Wrestling Tryouts- ** Due to No School Monday, November 26th** - Tryouts will be Tuesday, November 27th and Wednesday, November 28th @ Central Intermediate School
- 5/6 Grade Tryout Times- 3:00pm-4:30pm (both days)
- 7/8 Grade Tryout Times- 4:00pm-5:30pm (both days)
*This is a two day tryout. If you have a conflict with one of the dates, please let the coach know. A mandatory parent meeting will take place on Thursday, November 29th at 5pm in Central's library.
Volleyball Tryouts- Monday, December 3rd and Tuesday, December 4th (Two Day Tryout)
- 7th Grade- 6:00PM-7:30PM (on both days)
- 8th Grade- 4:00PM-5:30PM (on both days)
Scholastic Bowl Tryouts- Mon-Thurs beginning December 5th-December 20th (8-8:30)
- Wednesday, December 5th-Thursday, December 6th
- Monday, December 10th-Thursday, December 13th
- Monday, December 17th- Thursday, December 20th
- (See link below for scholastic bowl practice times)
Track Tryouts (Tentative- based on Weather)- (3 Day Tryout)
- Boys- March 4th, 6th, & 7th from 4-5:30pm
- Girls- March 11th, 12th, and 13th. March 11th & 13th from 4-5:30pm and March 12th from 4:30-6pm.