Remote Learning Information
Many families have had questions about Remote Learning. We currently have a team of individuals including teachers and members of the technology department finalizing a plan for the return to school, both full day remote and half day.
Here are some of the highlights of the planning and preparation for Remote Learning:
- iPads purchased for all students K-8
- iPads available with WIFI capability for families who do not have WIFI
- Staff training over the summer
- Feedback from parents on remote learning from last spring; address concerns
- Full Remote Learning will include daily attendance and grades will be assigned.
Our team is exploring avenues to improve Remote Learning. The final plan will be released in the coming weeks. Areas being reviewed include:
- Streamlining the process to make it more user friendly
- Families with multiple children
- Use of videos to support learning both during the instructional day and after school
- Support during the instructional day
- Consistent technological formats of instruction
We have added a link to our district webpage that will compile information on our Remote Learning plan. Some information, like Remote Learning Platforms, have been provided and can be easily accessed by clicking on the link. Please check back for information before school begins: http://www.oes141.org/RemoteLearning.aspx
Ottawa Elementary District Staff